Welcome to Twific Reviews! Home to all things Twific and more!

A Life for a Life by @LoveofaWriter

Monday, April 9, 2012.


Author: mkystich
Pairing: Bella and Edward
Rating: M
Type:  WIP
Summary: Could you give up anything, and everything, for someone you love? I did. I gave my life to save the one person I knew I couldn't live without. And I gave it to the Beast.

It takes quite a lot to get me to start a new fic these days. 
Original and interesting premise – check
Characters that are flawed but have redeeming qualities – check
A fascinating look or twist on the characters we know and love – check.

The story A Life for a Life is one of those stories that seemed to suck me right in.  I met Mkystich during a WC some time ago, and when she teased her story, I was mesmerized by the snippet she showcased.

The story’s premise is one of mystery and intrigue.  Where Charlie and Edward are at odds over Carlisle’s recent demise.  It takes a couple of chapters to figure out why Carlisle died and why his son Edward is so hell bent on revenge.

When Edward comes to kill Charlie, Bella offers herself up as an offering instead.  An eye for an eye, a life for a life. Edward takes Bella up on her plea to do anything to save her father, including being taken away by ‘The Beast’, or Edward’s bad side.

I know, you may be saying to yourself that his sounds just like some other story you maybe have read, where Bella falls for her kidnapper, except that it isn’t.   Yes, she starts to fall for Edward, but there are reasons why this doesn’t feel like any other kidnapping fic I’ve ever read.

First, the mystery draws you in.  You want to know what happened between Charlie and Carlisle to make Edward turn into the man he now is.  There’s also the connection that Bella and Edward have.  They knew each other in the past, and as the mystery unravels you find yourself rooting more and more for Edward and begin to dislike Charlie more and more.

I don’t want to give too much away, but I’m really enjoying this story, especially with its weekly updates and shorter chapters.  Both good for my lack of attention span. 

Hope you give it a shot.
Until next time,

Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twific Reviews © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |