Welcome to Twific Reviews! Home to all things Twific and more!

Twific Reviews - A Salute to Veterans Day

Monday, November 7, 2011.



I don’t know about you, but I love a good story about a man in uniform. In honor of the US’s Veterans Day coming up later this week, I decided to seek out some war stories, some fics based around a soldier, or veteran. While there are a lot out there, here are a few I thought were worthy of a quick recommendation. Some are old, but I found them in my bookmarked favorites and thought I’d drag some out and dust them of, so perhaps some new people might be able to enjoy them.

If you have a fic that you think deserves mentioning here, please comment below and tell our readers about it. I realize most are B/E pairing, but since that’s the majority of what I read, that’s what I have. Again, I urge our readers to comment below if you have some other pairing, soldier fics to recommend.



Sincerely, Edward by Holly1980
One-Shot – Bella/Edward – Rated: M
Summary: Their love grew over a series of letters exchanged while he was deployed to Afghanistan. He's coming home and there is no other place she'd rather be than waiting for him.


Daddy’s Home by Happy Bells
One Shot – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: K+
Summary: Bella discovers she's pregnant while her husband, Edward, is out fighting in the war. As time progresses, why isn't she hearing from her husband?


The Forgiving Sea by Rosette-Cullen
One Shot – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: After Edward, a British Navy soldier, watches his beloved vessel sink with his fellow soldiers and captain, he stumbles upon the Boston shores. When a young girl spots him wounded in the grass what will become of this Englishman?


Guns and Roses by RosieWilde
Completed – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: Bella and Edward’s relationship is interrupted by WWI. He dreams of glory as a soldier, and she must figure out life without him. A moving story of how friendship turns to love when survival is in doubt.


The Wallflower and the Flyboy by A Cullen Wannabe
Completed – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: Bella meets World War II Navy Pilot Edward at a USO dance and starts to fall in love immediately. Two weeks later, and one wedding later, they are facing long term separation as he ships off to the front. Can Bella stay strong with him so far away?


A World Away by Wandb
Completed – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: Bella thinks military men are arrogant womanizers. That is, until she meets Edward, a hot and unpredictable Navy SEAL who quickly deploys for six months. Will he change her mind or leave her brokenhearted?


Love and War and Bullet Wounds by Denim003
Completed– Alice/Jasper – Rated: T
Summary: Jasper, a major in the Confederate army, gets shot when he and his soldiers are caught outnumbered in an unexpected attack. Then Alice gets the surprise of her life when she finds a badly wounded soldier on her front porch in the middle of the night.


I’ll be Seeing You by SmoothButNotRich1901
One-Shot– Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: 1940s Armyward. I want to hear your angelic voice tell me you love me in person. You are what I'm fighting for. I love you so much, Bella. I'll be seeing you.


Five by AnneMarieCullen
One-Shot – Bella/Edward Pairing – Rated: M
Summary: Military Edward finally comes home to his love sick wife.

And… you can always check out the entries from the contest we held over the summer – For a Love of a Man in Uniform contest. Some really great stories included in the bunch.

I’m sure I have missed some really wonderful stories. If you have one to suggest, please share it in a comment below.

Hope you’ll enjoy our selections this week, and don’t forget to honor the brave men and women who have served in our military. They’ve helped us keep the freedoms we all cherish dearly.


Until next time,

Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twific Reviews © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |